Re: Travel in Satar

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_wsfOPwKMvdJ8xWbjwQ-z9sDEdEiIKl8TiqeXwtxjm0Wx_uWBHmGg5RVA0hmW>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:35:13 +0000 (GMT)

I'd expect a crossing of the stream somewhere near Clearwine itself. However the lack of a

road across the Charandar Hills to Wilmskirk implies problems using that route. Even

winding and unmarked paths rather than a fairly straight road can make the journey take

longer. That's before you factor in unfriendly locals, monsters, bad weather, getting lost, etc.

You might get any of these on the main road of course but the chances are much lower.

Agreed however the relative distances are roughly 90 miles via road vs 50 miles by the more direct route, 30 miles as the Orlanthi flies! These are supposed to be two of the major places in Satar and that there isn't a better connection seems strange.

I am happy to make this up for my Glorantha. I just wanted a feel for the official view before I start to vary. The section on Creekstream River in the Satar Companion says that The River part of that complex is wide and only able to be forded / crossed in a few places. I wondered if that was also true for the Stream section too. Only one crossing is shown at Quackford and nothing else upstream.

Gavain