Re: Your advice over my BoG campaign

From: hcarteau_at_x58ykvvxLsnjkA0DM9Im4G4eRSBziyHI8QKbvQ6qN8uI3PJVJLxRDr_-3iuXr74jojY
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:35:07 +0100

Selon bryan_thx <bethexton_at_Y-aPO9qyT-LE3ys7EymlRuRfPdeB7KPyFiASrt-Lfu8z3Is2i1QZBEqv6otgMwXklvnizmKeuoXVXUI.yahoo.invalid>:

> Just some quick thoughts.....

> Something for you to decide is whether Yorge thinks he is going to his death
> or not? That is, the quest is of course risky, but is he doing it in sincere
> hopes of succeeding (again), or is this a glorious way out of his situation?
/// He wants to die. Caselain's Tighbone did give him some juice back for a few seasons, but he's ebbing fast again. He wants out but also wants to protect his family.

> If he believes he is going to his death, then no problem, he sends the heoes
> away on some errand to remove them from the city when he does this.
/// No, they're big on being there, also I want them to feel the blast when he dies. I want them to be there, among the confusion, when all power blocks start moving. I like the way you wrote the succession process and want to play it as is.

THEN the players can do their own quest** later on, to (hopefully) succeed and re-found the city and put a new ruler on a firm foundation. Possibly Yorge's quest was a partial success, leaving an important bonus to the players? /// Yes, that's cool. I'll sell the Quest AFTER Yorge dies. Perhaps immediately after he dies, to find out what happened.

> during the quest he will die (or be killed? Is the 'Far-Killer' still aiming
> for him?)

/// Oh yes. Barthol is the Doctor Doom of this campaign. He is actively hated by the PCs after he humiliated them.

/// As for bargaining with the demon, the PCs know where its Heart is and can go get it. I rule the demon wants its heart, the Heart of Movement, back, that it will free it from servitude. I never bothered about the second demon ; it's lost forever.

The key from your ideas is get the players to do their Quest in Hell AFTER Yorge gets trapped there. I need to fuse this with the idea that Yorge might be the next city Guardian, successor to the Demon.