Re: Helpful duck shamans

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_z9SquiYerOmBAUklG83H0BOFRhBVJzyDJZGCUTuyz7hAdVuPMBW-yb0ZjJY6U>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:24:07 -0000

Thash okay! Some ducks aren't ducks. They're legally trolls. Or centaurs.

A few misfits and outcasts collaborated with the Lunar Empire, and were granted immunity from the pogroms. The Provincial Overseer granted them, under an imperial mandate, an officially sanctioned race-change. (All Lunar soldiers stood at guard-posts always say, "Papers, please.")

Naturally, they'd be pretty careful about making an Unequal Exchange gesture in front of an Humakti. If they were brave or stupid enough to tell a lie, they'd accompany it with a runic gesture behind their back (much like we cross our fingers behind our backs/under the table when telling a fib). They'd hope the magic of the rune would shield their untruth. Hmmm.

The opposite of the Unequal Exchange gesture, of course, is the Truth gesture. Whereas UE is typically made with the the back of the hand towards the gesturee, the Truth gesture is (in my experience) made palm outwards - like the "Devil's/Bull's Horns".

http://flic.kr/p/6AGYp8

Lankhor Mhy worshipers are big on this gesture. Indeed, while deciphering ancient texts, they often make a runic gesture with each hand, while swaying backwards and forwards or bobbing their heads, like many Jews engaged in prayer. They're proper metalheads.