Re: Travel in Satar

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_6FiI0-c-PLRn5FVA6ta2tt85vlqXlfUdJQTiQfxEU5alQiOOqheXmFyfhrAB>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:47:21 +0000 (GMT)

Let me first direct you to Sartar Companion which has a section on Fords of the River. The pertinent bit is on page 65:

Thanks Jeff. I had read the wonderful detail for the River and have a reasonable feel for that part of the Creak-Stream River. What was missing, for me, was the details you have now supplied for the rest.

The two major tributaries of the River (the Creek and the Stream) are much wilder than many seem to imagine. [snip]

As a final aside, crossing rivers is always possible but also usually quite difficult. A safe If you look at old maps of road systems or paths across the American West, people would detour for many many miles to find an easy (and safe) river crossing.

So the the Stream can provide an interesting challenge for heroes to cross. But are not worth the effort and risk for trading purposes.

Thanks a million.
Gavain