Re: Travel in Satar

From: Jeff <richaje_at_r7ulPmrRCJQVQ8HREgRl_Hjn95Tve10vqbmj9vlHhJvSvuJ8na1K1TCyeUPIv5rpSWvg>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:40:08 -0000

> Minor rivers in hilly or mountainous country typically provide multiple crossing points, rather than forcing everyone to use the same one. Barring exceptions. :-)

First off, we are talking about crossing the rivers and streams of Sartar, not lowland Peloria. Second, I susepct North American geography is a bigger source of inspiration for Genertela than you are crediting.

And as someone who grew up in the hilly country that is the basis for much of Sartar, I beg to differ (you'd be amazed how far you would have had to hike to find a safe crossing place for minor rivers such as the Snohomish, the Snoqualmie, the Feather, the Tuoumne, the Rogue, or the Stanislaus before flood control and modern bridges were constructed). YGWV of course.

Jeff