Re: SOLACE and SOLACE OF THE BODY : what are they ?

From: David Cake <dave_at_lR7OXYwGroD9ZuP0FjVw2JI76sodf37UW3cESCVLO6dXcSW3eoFHDkQAk0kbu2LPCzYhFBQ>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:24:14 +0800

At 6:28 AM -0800 21/1/11, Greg Stafford wrote:
>YGWV
>
>I aologize here for not beign more specific, but I do not have my books
>with me here
>When the Zzbaur quote says "Solace" please consider it a translation problem
>The Zzbur text refers to the state of being that precedes the one after it
>It is not the state of eternal peace which Malkioni worshippers obtain

        My reading of Zzaburs speech about Solace is that yes, he means something very different to what Malkioni mean by Solace, though he still refers to both 'solace' in the dictionary meaning, and the revelations made possibly by the death of Malkion.

        Malkioni see that by Malkions sacrifice, he is showing us the way to transcendance of this world. This is the primary meaning of Malklons sacrifice.

        For Zzabur it still means something profound. When he talks about Solace, he means that the dissolution of the essence of Malkion among the beings of this world means that they have within themselves the capacity now to redeem themselves from Error. It means that beings who have fallen from the true path (Logic for the Eranschula, specifically the Revelations of Now for mortals) can join it.

        For the Malkioni, the most important part of Solace is that the errors and travails of this world will be transcended when we leave it. For the Zzaburites, Solace is the knowledge that eventually, it is at least possible that the errors and travails of this world might be put right and fixed within it. Of course, it will take a long while, but if you stick with the Revelations of Now, you will be immortal, so you have all the time in the world.

        What I think is interesting, though, is that I don't think most other Malkioni sects deny the Zzaburite meaning. That is, I think that the Orthodox Malkioni also believe that the sacrifice of Malkion helped correct the errors of this world, and believe that the presence of the Abiding Book is proof positive of that.

        One idea is that everyone essentially sees the sacrifice of Malkion as being Malkion accepting the error of the world, and providing path to correct it. But they all interpret 'correcting error' differeintly. Zzabur and the Brithini see this as a return to, and reaffimation of, the Revelations of Now, which were true when written and remain true now - the sacrifice of Malkion means that truth is more accessible to others, but it has not changed.

        The Rokari (and in general other Abiding Book believing Orthodox Malkioni) see this is an updating and revision of the Revelations of Now, that the RoN were true when written but must be updated for the new, changed, error filled world we find ourselves in.

        And the Irensavalists essentially see the correction of error as meaning a repudiation of the Revelation of Now, Malkion himself (at his death) admitting his former error in urging a way of life anchored in the material and denying the transcendant. For the Irensavalists, in death and sacrifice Malkion finds redemption and redeems himself from former falsehoods.

	Cheers
		David