Re: The Importance of Caste (or Why Wizards Don't Rule)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_OasDYVhSkQdfj60ePrjR673nExt3dUc3ejlgMn9rBKiTPhdUO8dl2fXZzDtFjzoFOc47>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:39:53 -0000

> > Finally how come the four castes are so uncannily closely aligned the to the regular four stages of Dragonewt existence? I don't remember there being many Dragonewts in the Far West (though Ryzel and Ormsland are on the eastern frontiers of Malkionism), but maybe the party of Dragonewts leaving Dragon Pass on an epic journey/pilgrimage to Sog City (in Elder Secrets of Glorantha) were onto something?

Or perhaps there is something true about mortal societies being structured into workers, fighters, knowers, and rulers? Maybe the Malkioni are right, such categories are inherent in the structure of the universe. That even the krjalki and barbarians divide their society in such a way just proves it.

Jeff