What do 2nd Age Seshnelans look like?

From: Continuum <Continuum2008_at_39YaS_UHRJ8WBtfQNwdC7kjXwOV_jVpCUXqRVfrcH07Ye7n4kGC8AHNbWGLCTT>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:38:42 -0000

I have started a HeroQuest campaign based in Ralios during the second age using the Mongoose RuneQuest setting books.

I am currently drawing the player characters as well as a few choice NPCs. I what to show the God Learners as very different and very recognisable. When the PCs see then I want them to fear them and react. A bit like seeing stormtroopers in a Star Wars game for example.

I am not keen on Medieval imagery that is often portrayed for the West, the English knights in full armour for example - it puts me right off!

So what would the imperial armed forces of the Empire of the Middle Sea look like, especially those that would be operating in and around Safelster and Ralios as a whole?

Would they have a common armour and weapon style? Would they favour a particular colour or clothing style? Are the God Learners just old men in flowing robes?

What earthly analogues should I look at for inspiration and which should I avoid?

Cheers,
Darran

Con-Quest Midlands 2011. Derby Assembly Rooms, Derby, UK. Saturday 30th April 2011.
http://www.con-quest.co.uk

Continuum 2012. John Foster Hall, Leicester University. UK. Friday 20th - Monday 23rd July 2012.
http://www.continuum.uk.net

'A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part'-http://darransims.livejournal.com/