Re: Miniatures to suggest what Malkioni look like (was Re: What do 2nd Age Seshnelans look like?)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_pxwFSyR6uNoJ2nKJXmPq-2VcKhgGvIVZJxWquuJXbOQ7_qDHsFY0VDxsfNMuBjtO_tU>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:26:51 +1300

On 2/26/2011 12:12 AM, Continuum wrote:
> "The Orlanthi of Saug are a pragmatic people who worship Orlanth and
> Ernalda and revere their ancestors. Due to the proximity of the large,
> wild woodland of Wonderwood, Odayla is considered Orlanth's brother
> and companion by the hunters of Saug replacing Yinkin's role as
> considered by other Orlanthi. Urox is prevalent with the northern
> clans and is readily accepted by all.

Where is the EWF? You have Ingolf in Delela until 976 ST fighting off troll invasions. After he leaves, his seven sages remain behind until they are exterminated by Dragonewts and Blue Moon Assassins in 1042 ST. The God Learners will probably be subsidizing Alakoringites to counter draconic presence there.

What about the impact of the Enchanter and Seravus? Saug lies quite close to where plundered Aron should be and when Yinkin has fights with the Serpentbeast Brotherhood, they are probably based somewhere near here.

I would have Saug worship the Great Green Lady rather than Ernalda (they will be the same deity). I would also have Saug worship Ehilm rather than Elmal.

If Saug is beyond God Learner control then that makes it attractive for one group of people: Arkati refugees. They won't be Uz allies (any Arkati friendly to the Uz would have fled to Guhan and Halikiv instead) but they will be a persistant source of trouble even if they keep to themselves - think of God Learners sending in magical barrages.

Baskalia Oskor is active in this time but the source is silent as to the question of who is paying her to bounty hunt Jrusteli. Another important bigwig might be Govetainer Shadowshirt of the Green Lions Tower.

--Peter Metcalfe