Re: North American Gloranthan convention

From: Tim <tim_at_gKa1ekCB3vO1J3D502gDh_mIaTp8gOhRBzzLczIa11M7nhI22m_a_DK_v06ESFvnqqFYF559>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 16:10:18 -0000

This is also my Point of view

> 1. Assume that there will be a few people who might want to attend
> from the European circuit: So don't schedule your con too close to
> Eternal Con or Continuum. It might be worth considering alternating
> with Continuum - 2012 in the UK, 2013 in the US, every year in
> Germany.

I agree - although I think there were only single-figure attendees in Toronto who weren't from North America. Any date you pick is going to end up being inconvenient for somebody, but it makes sense to avoid clashing with anything that will obviously attract members of your core audience...

> 2. Good air links and/or public transport is critical.

Yes - Remember that Roderick has the "Doesn't Drive" flaw (one I also share...)

> Personally I'd
> want there to be other stuff to visit in the area as well. You could
> organise the greatest, most kick ass convention ever in Des Moines,
> and I'd be a lot less likely to try and slot the con into an
> otherwise expensive international holiday than I would if it were
> on one of the coasts.

Being able to add the Con on to the start or end of a longer trip across the atlantic does make it more attractive to those of us in Europe. I am at least potentially interested in attending, subject to all the usual problems of time, location and cost...