Re: a rapidly unraveling world (was LBQ)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_8B16t9UKAH1tu6V6Z6E6E4cxziH0zbTW3AcdPhX6OVfJLV_giSpoYK84vgl1vv0e0zuU>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:14:53 -0000

> > By the way, this "rapidly unraveling world" is something that I as a GM
> > could use some help with. As my game progresses beyond the 1620s I know
> > that I should be introducing this unraveling element but don't seem to
> > be particularly inspired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Maybe this is going a bit off the reservation, but one way to do it would be to have cause and effect and linear time start breaking down in odd ways.

Sure. You can also loot the various myths about the Gods War and the Great Darkness and have them occur during the course of the campaign. Chaos invasions vomited out of Dorastor, Pentan warbands raiding deep into the Empire, the disappearance of the Empire (which as we all know from the Anarchy Year, no emperor is far worse than a bad emperor), new stars and planets appearing and disappearing, dragons in the sky, widespread human sacrifice to Hon-Eel, new old evils out of Spol, dijijelm destroying the armies of the Sun, Brolia and Talastar successfully rebelling (the return of the Andams and Rams), the horror of Chaos being used again by the Empire, and so on.

Jeff