Re: Some lively Gloranthan discussions on RPG.net

From: Tim <tim_at_LlmDAW4CviE0CpmA2SZuCl7hxYeVcvu2gz5EUIDtU6SwHTKers5B-A37zvqQrItbFLcgHJXy>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:06:08 -0000

>> Who should 3rd Age Orlanthi Heroes (Kallyr,Argrath,your PC's) be
>> trying to bring back from a LBQ to deal with the "Lunar" problem?

> [snip]
>>
>> any other non-canonical suggestions.

> How about a mask of the Emperor?
>
> I think there's a time when the Emperor dies in Sartar although
> it's sometime in the future.

I did think that Red Emperor (possibly) slain by Harsaltar (A disciple of Humakt and son if the Sartarite King) would be a good fit for the Lightbringer Myth (when Orlanth, King of the Storm tribe goes to restore the Emperor he killed with Death, the power of his Brother, Humakt)

But if the Emperor is immortal, then he can't be in the underworld for a LBQ to rescue...

Of course since this would be in a non-canonical Glorantha to start with, you could take the view that Harsaltar, with the power of Humakt and the Household of Death , as well as the transformative powers of Sartar's bloodline does bring True Death to the Immortal Red Emperor, just as Orlanth did to the (immortal) Yelm, and the subsequent masks are no more Takenegi than the Dara Happan Emperors were Yelm. A LBQ that restored Takenegi and caused a mutual acceptance of the right of the Lunar Empire and the Kingdom of Sartar to co-exist would end their struggle and allow them to co-operate to deal with mutual problems that threaten to end the world (Sheng, Kingdom of War, Monster Empire, Ralzakark, Harrek) and are filling the role of the Devil in this Quest