Re: RW rokarism from an unexpected quarter : Algeria

From: Jeff <richaje_at_7HI9erz_Sh8bj_jWMduR-yibDbLt_3UOMXIlVgbY-FMmkwFROU1Wd5LehpPpOOAysVtz>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 06:12:48 -0000

> > Islam is a good model for Malkionism, no doubt about that, and one I
> > have used as a source myself. On the other hand, at least some Malkioni
> > do place an importance on 'saints',
>
> Plenty of Muslims do too.

Yes. FWIW, the approach we are taking on Malkioni saints in future Moon Design books looks far more to model of venerated holy people in Sufism, Hinduism, and Sikhism than to Christianity.

> In the context of the "pir" or founder of a sufi lineage, the geometry of the Essence Plane finally makes sense to me after all these years. These aren't personal relationships with favored saints but "threads" of transmission within Time -- literally tariqat or "pathways."

Yes. Malkioni holy people are not venerated as some sort of disguised divine cult, but as the originators of pathways through the Essence Plane.

> Naturally Islam has plenty of "neo-platonism" too in the work of Avicenna and so on.

Yes. If you read through the Malkioni section Revealed Mythology, it is pretty clear that Platonic philosophy is one of the best paths towards understanding the Malkioni mindset. Imagine a setting where variatns of Neo-Platonism became the state religion of the Mediterranean world, pushing mystery cults and pagan sacrifice to the periphery.

Jeff