Re: RW rokarism from an unexpected quarter : Algeria

From: Jeff <richaje_at_4XFZx1ySRurAr-4HQuy2ucdro8550tbj_yUxYGSyc__RnX5h9W_dzxt5WnjUX2gYRGVV>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:12:01 -0000

> If we had more on the epic of Prince Snodal or any of the other ur-western material we might have more of a litmus test of where the bathwater begins. Yes, this is a veiled plea for Unfinished Work, but one that could really help. Deep sources would be helpful and Revealed Mythologies is out of print.

Revealed Mythologies will make it back into print soon. I might post to glorantha.com some of the ur-western material we've gathered together.

However, the super old material (like Prince Snodal's epic) is very misleading as it is not written by someone with a Western perspective. Think of it like those creative medieval reinterpretations of Greek classics, with Jason and his knights having a tournament at Colchis to win the Golden Fleece or Achilles and Hector jousting before the walls of Troy.

Jeff