Re: RW rokarism from an unexpected quarter : Algeria

From: Glass <glass_at_Br1Iwbv-jT4hF8HJ9q133FuoLV4PHOujlMIGth95ePkcUvqeABKZrk-VEzN7dZ2_uudFyj>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:25:29 -0000

> Revealed Mythologies will make it back into print soon. I might post to glorantha.com some of the ur-western material we've gathered together.

Fabulous!

The thing I loved about the Revealed Mythologies material -- and which haunts me in the Snodal fragments -- is that it was an elephant I could point to and say, "this is Malkionism." Not any sewn-together specimen from earthly inspirations, but the thing as it is.

> However, the super old material (like Prince Snodal's epic) is very misleading as it is not written by someone with a Western perspective. Think of it like those creative medieval reinterpretations of Greek classics, with Jason and his knights having a tournament at Colchis to win the Golden Fleece or Achilles and Hector jousting before the walls of Troy.

That would be even better!

Dangerous to suggest more work when I'm not qualified to volunteer, but all it needs is a slight gloss from a "creative" post-Loskalmite editor (after all, someone in Glorantha must've "written" the fragments that have come down to us) to transform the texts from obsolete and proto-gregged oldies into something sublime: the Western "King of Sartar," harshax and all.

A painting of Jesus (or Hassan, or Hrestol) dressed as a 15th century Flemish burgher tells us something about the burgher, the religious subject and even ourselves.