Re: Pithdaros answers

From: Jeff <richaje_at_46_3HK0BLEUxOvTEnRZovXkIquCAb1x50inmw5b7InmaaNVWw5mcnsD-fYULExEellOm>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:39:07 -0000

> > They abhor slavery, the
> > greatest and most shameful weakness of all.
> I don't see this. Even if the Men-and-a-half shun slavery, plenty of
> other Agimori wouldn't. Depending on the definition of Agimori, the
> Fonritans are avid slavers.

Agreed. The Pithadarans were Agimori (not Men-and-a-half) who, according to Gerfej de Arshu Fola (who wrote two centuries after the fact) came from Jolar. They took a huge fleet of strange ships (presumably not Waertagi) and called themselves the Army of Justice, claiming they were pursuing the depraved god Bolongo.

If they truly originated in Jolar (and not Kothar), then they probably started their voyage from Laskal or even Fonrit.

I suspect the Pithdaran attitude towards slavery reflects that of their neighbors.

> > Their
> > champion Yomili did indeed fight the GLs very hard and they take pride in this.
> As far as I know, Yomili supported the Kings of Seshnela whereas his
> rival Halwal did his best to undermine God Learner rule in Fronela and
> Ralios to the extent of aiding the Arkat, the Hrestoli and Jonat. It's
> rather difficult to depict Yomili as a foe of the God Learners.

Yomili was a foe of the later God Learners (who supported Tualon against his Yomili-backed cousin Englos). Yomili represented the anti-Malkioneran traditionalists. During this time, the One Inquisition reveled that some God Learner orders actually worshipped Chaos!

Jeff