Re: A question about Justice - Western Style - in Fay Jee

From: donald_at_w8GfKhAvUhFnVnTN-KN55oe9BMs1YIFiIajSSoS5ABkpD2zG1efqCBB1VxW5CSiauW4JY
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:47:06 -0000

> /// Ugh. You guys play rough. I thought there might be a story with his sister
> not able to kill off her own brother, and their mother opposing it anyway, and
> Stepan being exiled and COMING BACK SOMEDAY...

That did occur to me until I checked Annike's writeup - Ruthless 17. No way is she going to let him live whatever her mother wants.

> But we have 2-3 games left until
> this campaign is over. So I guess somebody will have to go strangle Stepan in
> his cell. Guess who ?

Why murder him? I think she'd have him put on trial with the PC who dumped the problem in her lap as the judge and a heavy hint about the expected outcome. That way she establishes her authority and gets a reputation for justice even when family is involved. Another PC gets the job of prosecutor and you produce a Rokari bishop for the defence who can argue that Stephan isn't a traitor and that executing him would be a crime.

--
Donald Oddy