Votnakiland [Re: Okapi]

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_ro_RBtTmczS8Ndf3lJ-KJ-CFk2xhrUGjWlGNc50QWJJBz-j-2S9JxD8wVHzL1NsUoeL>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:53:05 -0000

bachelornewtling:
> I originally asked the question as I'm running a Votankiland game
> and am hoping to populate the Elder Wilds with a different range of
> beasts, unseen in other lands. To my mind the hills and mountains
> are populated with Markhor, the forests of course with pigs,
> warthogs and deer, the plains with various beasts not of the normal
> Praxian mix, perhaps other sub-species or other interesting plains
> beasts. Then of course, there are lots of lizards, dinosaurs in the
> Elder Wilds.

Which Age are you using for your game? Some things are probably different in earlier Ages.

> How did other folk populate their Elder Wilds and Votankiland

Wild Boar in the forests (in my version, when Balazar brought the Sow Goddess idol back, some of the clans took it as a hunting totem and gained a large number of boar to hunt), beetles in the hills to the south (near troll lands), giant spiders near Cliffhome, ponies in the north of the Elder Wilds (near the Redlands/Pent), Giant Sable/Bison in the Elder Wilds (from Griffin Mountain, Sea Monsters in the Elf Sea, Sea Serpents in the rivers, wolves and wild dogs in the forests and hills and so on. Where a forest or range of hills is named after a creature, that creature would be present in that area.

See Ya

Simon