Re: History and Time in the West

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_AKxjzoW0XRlyD7r44GYPAUvYuI2h9uyOHPgipxmuEQ9o05e3LF5tmmTNg1oXfysQmuU>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:48:39 +1200

On 4/6/2011 6:54 AM, Ian wrote:
> However, what year is it in the West? There's a line in Revealed Mythology that suggests that, for the Brithini, at least, the current year is in the 10-20,000 range.
That's the turning of the red sands of time and refers to the length of the Storm Age plus the Great Darkness.

Personally I think the Brithini date their calendar to the creation of the world.

The Rokari could date it from the appearance of the Abiding Book.

The Loskalmi could date it from the first appearance of Joy (which is 1 ST) or from Hrestol's birth year (ie add a couple of centuries onto the date).

--Peter Metcalfe