Re: Brithini sexuality

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_hmRonpmz44OAN-ZeVShXYxICZ8OIge3ONwaEJ0NT9twzhW1vOB2e6B6VvOzE>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:35:34 +0100 (BST)

I quite like "I am become Death" for Humakt/Arkat-- maybe the phrase is used in the Death Song at some point? Or in the rites for becoming a devotee?
Didn't at least some Theyalans also call Arkat "Humaktsson", because, while it lasted, he came so close to embodying the Humakti ideal to warrant the title. I don't think "Humaktsson" was ever meant in biological terms, or would the line between metaphor and reality genuinely become blurred over time so that later generations took it to be literally true? (It may have done in the Gods' Age, e.g. in relation to Vinga and other divine genealogies)
If we rule out the Chaotic possibilities (like Wakboth), "The Destroyer of Worlds" sounds more like a title for Shargash (or Zorak Zoran?) than Humakt to me.
Maybe Arkat did say this, but after his Humakti phase?
Richard Hayes