Re: History of Malkioni Thought

From: Jeff <richaje_at_mgVRWk0ngNEnLorXIXcxx6G1vIUVyeLbE0IDIh9mHsbyEodJkyB1r8N9eHwa0iomLW4_>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:03:17 -0000

> No doubt this is true, but I'm having trouble reconciling it with a couple of quotes from Greg:
>
> >> Hrestoli theology practically *requires* that Joy is an inherent
> >> quality of Reality, and that Hrestol's Action was more Revelation
> >> than Creation.

Yes. Joy reveals the transcendent One that is beyond Creation.

> > That is correct.
> > Hrestol never claimed he did, nor (I thought) have I ever said that
> > he created it.
> > A visit to Malkion's Garden of Revelation will prove it, if you can
> > sit still through the preliminary speeches and prayers, to finally
> > hear the Prophet transport us all to "The other place on this
> > mountain," which is said to produce the same effects as Joy.

There's lots and lots of different ways to try to explain Joy. But ultimately it can only be experienced - it is beyond intellect and definition.

> Is the entity identified as Malkion in the Garden of Revelation simply one of those "magical images or resonances" of important figures found in the Malkioni otherworld?

The Hrestoli sects have their own mystical literature similar to the Hekhalot literature of early post-Temple Judaism. The Hekhalot stories describe mystical ascents into heaven, divine visions, and the summoning and control of angels, usually for the purpose of gaining insight into the Torah. Analogies exist within Malkionism, describing the journey to the Garden of Revelation or the Mountain of Pure Light.

Jeff