Re: Babs Gor lite

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_wdDcdK7jxlbn3kizNSPoKCCmfnyi-9_EGgRJhWh4tDoQGJ4LYK0PXSF4RcOu6kSJ1QF>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 22:28:44 +0100

hcarteau_at_el_sYi_u5lhE_BcW1UGgKE_7MeFYvhDvRC5aKXzvrrXavVRhrE8vP6fWuboRY21t1-2dpTH76QlM.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> Selon Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_su9IF8XePgwqISg6m3wzRZfA_Ki6bohhQME7FShUtiCdVPqgXgVYY0ztFDSxYjPXltXoTFpKQA.yahoo.invalid <mailto:aelarsen%40mac.com>>:
>
> and much needed cult that has made it virtually unplayable.
> /// I half-agree with you. But keep in mind PCs are weirdoes and perverts
> anyway. If you can worship Death-as-a-Sword (Iron Man), why not
> Death-for-males-and-earth-abusers-in-an-axe ?

I'd argue that the same problem applies to Humakt as well, who used to be more playable in the RQ days. The trend to emphasise the "transgressional" stuff, and make certain character types unplayable as written started, I think, with Storm Tribe (or at least, that's when it became noticeable to me), but it seemed to become worse in Kingdom of Heroes / Sartar Companion. Pretty easy to ignore, fortunately. YGWV, and all that.
--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/