Re: The Paps

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_EbcBQZ--L60-i5YXgQYQyOQ1JcWH_ldlaFmMnZjtqAKKNB67j0sO6VnNjXVc>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 08:55:51 +0100 (BST)

I knew that amongst the Praxians Eiritha is Storm Bull's consort, and was reminded by an earlier post that Uralda is Urox's consort

The closest I have to a myth in which Urox is Ernalda's consort is an old RQ scenario (the Harvest Bride contest) from Sun County (or possibly the River of Cradles), in which 'Storm Bull' is listed among the Husband-Protectors (as is Argan Argar). So this suggested that there was at least one such myth going in that direction -- even if it wasn't written up.  Do we still have Husband-Protectors in Ernalda's myths.  If so, what is the current list? (For example, in contrast to the old published scenario referred to above, I would have thought that Elmal might make the modern list, but Yelmalio probably wouldn't). Indeed it might make a lot of sense for 'the list' to be different in different regions.

However that wasn't my point. My point was that if a Theyalan looks at the Paps and (possibly incorrectly, but not illogically) sees the barbarians worshipping an aspect of Ernalda by another name -- which is what I understood from your earlier post-- might they not also see that the barbarians' Ernalda has a consort who is strikingly similar to Urox?

Or did I misread the Theyalan interpretation of the religion of the Paps?

Richard Hayes