Re: An excellent history book to read for Glorantha inspiration

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kjm_at_ydB7VQZtlCGtCD0yTxmTh-HzxDvlOPrwVJc12a5n7wigOh-6XSey9509iJJ5VzEJ-b3I.yah>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 00:44:59 -0400

On Sat, 07 May 2011 18:44:00 +0200, Hervé wrote:
>I have read through a short, very easy and pleasant to read book about the
>battle of Andrinople in 378 between the goths and the romans. It's the french
>translation of "Il giornio dei barbari", written by italien historian Alessandro
>Barbero.

It's available in English translation under the title _The Day of the Barbarians_, for instance here:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Day-of-the-Barbarians/Alessandro-Barbero/e/9780802716712

I haven't read it, so I certainly can't attest to the strength of the translation.

--
Kevin J. Maroney | kjm_at_iOmD0khYWshsbz4eMHKOEruUI0mliAh5WJhlSF7YfKPTqnpDjK-UBm1oygoKCs11Nx94PMm7shQ.yahoo.invalid | www.maroney.org
Games are my entire waking life.