Re: An excellent book to read for Glorantha inspiration

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_nAT0f1FNqSfI2QnyfUI23BJdK97q-rFgEk8vIbmMqSfyMGmJ-pD-zjsoKKyyv>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 15:11:40 -0000

I can't read books (unless they've got lots of pictures in them), but I do watch the telly. Last night the BBC showed 'Atlantis', one of those drama-documentaries that are all the rage these days. ("We're not sure we can pull either off successfully, so we'll do half one, half the other, and just chuck them together.")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0113f70/Atlantis/

(Those of you not in certain of Her Majesty's realms and dominions are, as usual, buggered.)

It was the typical mix of CGI distaster porn and an emotional side-story nobody cares about.

That said, it was moderately enjoyable. And shows exactly what will happen when the Vent gets pissed off at the those daft Esrolian bints.

What I *do* recommend, however, is a gander at the wonderful Theran frescos the drama-doc shows glimpses of.

http://www.artoffresco.com/03-History/03.1-santorini/03.1-history-santorini.htm

http://www.therafoundation.org/publications/wallpaintingsymposium/coffetablebook

Stew.