Re: What does a BROKEN Dwarf Day consist of?

From: hcarteau_at__YHwkiTsEZ-alckMXt-qW_fVq8WAtU3nliKawXSFmoDFY4lDRirVNUIXKLlkPC9tmCo
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:01:54 +0200

Selon Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_6la1BN_7ibP7xOTJsInRS3ch0FaUOvMHTCAt92CHw-eGcYLEkNfzZl58APqpsl8NuBCBBtkKrCh2AA.yahoo.invalid>:

> The problem with this approach, although it's a fun idea, is that it's
> not very good for role playing. No one is going to want to play a Dwarf
> character like that. So I think a more loose approach to Dwarves is more
> suitable for gaming. But if the Dwarves are just NPCs it works well.

/// Ah, I had misunderstood your query. To me, this is what mostali are like : built to fulfill a job/mission in the Great Repair, and having biological needs to sustain. That's it. The most common word my PCs hear from mostali NPCs is "irrelevant".

If you want to play a mostali, then either it has a mission walking the earth, or it's broken. Or both. "Broken" means he begins to think and feel by it/himself. I happen to know a lot about autism and you could play one as a person with autism slowly developping its personality.

I also imagine a mostali outside his initial program will spend a lot of time idling, wondering what to do, desesperately trying not to become crazy by practising a lot of compulsive behavirors : polishing his axe-head fifty times a day, drawing the same tech diagrams a thousand times, etc.

Also, in human, above-ground society, he wouldn't know what to eat, where to sleep, how to wash ("properly maintain the unit) : he's been used to have water from the tap, heat and ligthing on demand, etc, a galley where to get his food (always the same). What we consider as daily routine would be challenges for him, and fun to roleplay.