Re: Atroxic Church and other Questions

From: Jeff <richaje_at_GNgf2dNj6wbYTDCDMbSinUqJJ8SXv4zV2Lj81EEjCBjAV-oqGSBrkkYxCHjbnGQ0vlgZ>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 04:53:28 -0000

> > In MRQII Arolanit seems to be the bread basket of Seshnela, 700 years later
> > in RQ3 there are 190,000 Brithini in Arolanit - my how they bred? At it
> > like rabbits they were.
> The God Learners conquered Arolanit although most of the population
> escaped through unknown means. When they were destroyed, the escaped
> population returned.

There's more than a few mysteries about the "conquest of Arolanit" (see MSE p 22), but take the claims of driving out most of the population in the reign of Modos with a few grains of salt. Most of the nobles, warriors, and wizards - sure. Most of the workers - unlikely. In any case, Arolanit is back during the reign of Ilotas (see MSE p 26). As an aside, remember that until the Closing, Arolanit was in direct contact with Brithos.

I doubt the population of Arolanit has increased since the Closing (in fact quite the opposite - it has been slowly declining) until VERY recently.

Jeff