Re: Draft Map of Genertela at the Dawn

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Z9xfOwB7B7NFGroCDeuhrcQaK36p1oA2DdHuky0eKt26YCXIO6_Da_E5bchcR7SaR14>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:24:10 +1200

A massive forest in Pent and nobody knew? Looking further afield I see Uz Lore p7 has a map which show Gore and Gash running from Green Elves somewhere in western Pent so their presence isn't completely out of the blue.

Where is Bija and the Yggites? I see a single orange population in Fronela in what is now Oranor. Presumably there was a migration northwards.

There is a Malkioni population centre in Maniria in what looks like the vicinity of Kaxtorplose and also well inland. Another unexpected Malkioni population centre is between Erontree and Ballid and may be Nidan slaves.

Arolanit has four dots, the northernmost is Varthuwal and the southern is Laufol. The much bigger population in the centre has vanished as early as the Imperial Age.

Akem specifically refers to Malkioni settlements in what is now southern Loskalm. One of them is Tarnwal, another Isefwal/Southpoint and the third uncertain. Northern Loskalm has three colonies, of which I could only identify Northpoint.

There's an Orlanthi population near Gemborg outside the borders of the Kingdom of Night. I don't think it's the Ditali or the Harandings as the description of their places in History of the Heortling People places them further north.

The borders of the Kingdom of Splendor are interesting. What is now Lur Nop is inhabited but outside Kralorela.

--Peter Metcalfe