Re: Scripts + Examples

From: Jeff <richaje_at_WdKJsCYILjF8SHC6Mm3vZsecqPru9kncygqQcplZBIR9-G5pXwhSjgoDHDkDQLI-u1pY>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:13:26 -0000

> I know the Dara Happan alphabet (along with some sample deities' names) is presented in one of the Stafford library books.

Yes it is.

> What about the other Gloranthan scripts? Are they explained in any of the Gloranthan books (ie, name of the script, languages that use it, is it an alphabet, an abugida, an abjad, syllabary, logographs...); are any of them depicted?

No other scripts have been provided; however the widespread Orlanthi scripts of the Lhankor Mhy cult (found from Fronela to Prax) are described on page 161 of the Sartar Book. I will be including a piece on scripts in the Guide to Glorantha.

That being said, if there are any serious script geeks who would like to work with Greg and I in developing the look of any major Gloranthan script - let us know.

Jeff