Re: Historical Map of Genertela, Part III:1250 ST.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_2fsW0HV2LQCi8z8-wRPHunDADieu3Dp_t_RgGA1pTR2aYcW_pqxa9DOzaRydjI11r5n>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:17:42 +1200

On 6/27/2011 11:22 AM, Chris Lemens wrote:

> Presumably, the Teshnan settlement was temporary (at least when thinking in
> historic scales).

Since Teshnan wares were still being traded in Sartar as late as Saronil's reign, I'm not so sure that it was temporary. The Redlands caravans weren't started until 1558 ST at the earliest whereas Monrogh got some strange ideas about the Many Suns while visiting Teshnos.

I think that a permanent colony was munted as a result of the Seleran Empire

I did have the (silly) idea that the Hero Selenteen worshipped Indlas Somer and thus travelled back and forth by huge surf boards.

A much more serious idea is Aroka being sent by the Blue Tribe. Thunder Rebels p144 has Aroka invading from the Southwest and where was the nearest population of Artmali from that direction? Melib. And the linkage between water and dragons points to Five Eyes being a Teshnan temple of sorts.

A third possibility is the use of the Sofali turtle people whose territories was also reached by Teshnos at the time.

> But the Praxians are hostile to
> Outlanders -- probably even more so in 1250 than now.
There's a difference between the Pure Horse People and the Teshnans. The Pure Horse rode strange beasts. The Teshnans don't (I find it hard to believe they brought one of their elephants along) and so are in the same place as the Oasis Folk and the Sun County Folk.

--Peter Metcalfe