Re: Blood Kings

From: Jeff <richaje_at_C4UjQcexZSteSKDCAS3YIJl_LfhVVZpClcsJvCTL55W_vmgf5Esq3RwaH70eH_aJqU0O>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:23:02 -0000

> When you say kingdom, is this as in "organized Orlanthi kingdom" like Tarsh or Sartar, or as in "a bunch of tribes and clans doing their thing without a permanent unifying institution" like the southern Orlanthi neighbors of Carmania?

Looking at the Gloranthan history atlas, a political entity called "Charg" has dominated southeastern Fronela between the Rockwoods and the Janube from at least 1250 ST. It is at least as organized as Talastar, Lankst, and Delela.

> I said "definitely" because the Orlanthi neighbors are the only way refugees from Carmania can run. The Char-un are Lunarized and not very welcoming, the Lunar Heartlands embody what the Carmanian traditionalists fight. The Janubian city states might be sort of more welcoming, but there you get Irensavalist disputes, and to reach Syanor most Carmanians have to travel through Charg.

Once the Blood Kings fell there really wasn't any place to run to. Everyone of importance had submitted to the Shah or were dead. Handfuls of adventurers might have gone elsewhere - to the Janube city states, to the Humakt temples of Anadikkiland, or wherever. But their numbers were likely not culturally significant.

Jeff