Re: Blood Kings

From: jorganos <joe_at_6dZRU7aP6X7vUFHdsxsAzMNbxWZcTpyZcoMsfkosx0Yu2Qzc-MgplP8FYGhU1nRLPs9mpc_u>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:35:20 -0000

> Looking at the Gloranthan history atlas, a political entity called "Charg" has dominated southeastern Fronela between the Rockwoods and the Janube from at least 1250 ST. It is at least as organized as Talastar, Lankst, and Delela.

So we get happy Orlanthi hunting grounds with all kinds of feuds, groups with special oddities and warlords gathering oddballs and exceptional warriors. And possibly cities as encysted places where all kinds of foreigners willing to deal with the hillfolk would settle down, presumably on the Janube where there are various kinds of riverfolk possibly related to the Sweet Sea peoples.

> Once the Blood Kings fell there really wasn't any place to run to.

There were the Bindle Wars for much of the rest of the Second Wane, whereas the Third Wane gives mention to the Janubian cities. Since the southern shore of the upper Janube has always been shown as "under the Ban", I have no idea whether there were cities in that region, but given the distribution further downriver, I would expect some.

> Everyone of importance had submitted to the Shah or were dead.

probably hunted down by imperial assassins, much like the House of Sartar in Kethaela between 1602 and 1605. With all the potential for hidden heirs in strange circumstances etc.

> Handfuls of adventurers might have gone elsewhere - to the Janube city states, to the Humakt temples of Anadikkiland, or wherever. But their numbers were likely not culturally significant.

It doesn't take many people to make a cultural impact on one of the smaller cities, given the Carmanian structures with a rather thin upper crust of proper Carmanians ruling over various kinds of native subjects.

(Which makes me wonder whether the Bull Shahs were Carmanians who adopted Bisosi rites or whether they were former subjects who took over from their lion masters and continued in their place.)