Re: Us's plan

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_1zW_yuhc1CMTWLMc818MlJcK_-O6CO8H2IH8iuArLoOpCF6SL5WipUZp99hGti3S>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

Trezaae asks, in response to Peter:

> > What the Uz are looking for are the tools which Gbaji used to maim Korasting
> >
> > 1) The Adamantine Claws
> > 2) The Otherworld Cloak
> > 3) The forgotten verse of a pregnancy song.
>
> But what they want to do with these tools ? What mechanics they will use to
>cancel an effect by using the same tool ?

I'm currently plaing a troll who has this as her long-term quest. My thought is that these are (at least some of) the ingredients for a new medicine bundle of Korasting. The adamantine claws are physical things (or at least physically represented). The otherworld cloak might be, though it might also be a reference to an otherworldly path through which someone must take the medicine bundle, or maybe the spirit that will be housed in it, or maybe its capacity to house a spirit, or maybe all of the above. The song is probably the chant that makes the medicine bundle work. Anyway, that's what my troll thinks (but she's on the shamanic path, so she might be a little biased).

In any case, my troll is trying to find the claws first. Sadly, there's really no way to know if there are ten of them, or some other number. So far, she has discovered that there is one held by a ruler of a pretty much human tribe in the Mari mountains. That's just half a continent away! And the leader is using the claw as a sword, so he sounds tough.

Chris