Re: Troll Pedantry

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_AW8Cmw_FFfMHWptmLyLB7GmpdjkI3rKsv-Bad-RBJ-T1cioOlvfvRp9PT_D67waD>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:19:47 -0000

Peter sez:

> The Tribal Founders and Protectoresses of Prax are huge spirits and
> ancestors.

Great point. And I think of them as having medicine bundles. (It helps make sense of why there is a great khan for each tribe.) For that matter, Waha is supposedly an ancestor for every khan (and this must be true on at least some level).

The sense behind my original point was that ancestor worshippers might not use medicine bundles as much as others because ancestors are generally small spirits. But that's also true of any other animist tradition -- most of them summon small spirits and put them in charms. So, I think Peter's implicit point, which I take to be that ancestor worshippers aren't really that different based on the size of the spirit worshipped, is well-made.

Chris Lemens