Re: Creating and playing a Lucky character

From: hcarteau_at_WiaWN8tUe9s-B58tYIQK0aF3F9QBYqKdjW3t2FZyrOAdn-iUuSPSk3w_JYjuY6gXVE5
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

Isn't that against the character concept?
/// It's Luck. "She Giveth and Taketh away" !. But I see your point.

It might be more interesting if the bad luck hits close to the character, but not directly. So, the character can gain a personal reprieve (say jump an incredible distance out of the collapsing cave) but the entire party will find the next bridge they absolutely have to cross collapsing - possibly after this character as scout has barely passed it, possibly before them while nasty things are in pursuit.

If an incoming missile gets targeted at the character, select a random target - including the character, but also including his party. I wonder how popular this character would be in the long run...

/// That is much better, and pure poison for inter-group harmony. In fact, it could be that the character's presence steals others' own Luck. Thus, the collapsed bridge, etc. I love it. Thanks for the idea.