Re: Chimeriades convention: Glorantha news

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_QTfx0wBzAl_XZyGvt0SDJlxPOHifAPRurBaqfawpR_A4b4xHEe4E0LPkKMfTMsWBgXT>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:39:28 -0000

Mike Gibb:
> From: erfoyel_at_...
>

> - Andrew Taylor's new miniature range will be on display at the convention.
>

> Oh... do tell more! Is this a new Gloranthan range?

Yes, or several Gloranthan ranges. Andrew has plans to produce a large number of ranges, covering many different Gloranthan cultures. I believe that he wants to do the Lunar Armies and Their Enemies, at the very least. He was talking about producing a Heroes line, with Jar-Eel, Harrek et al, but I'm not sure if this is viable. Knowing Andrew, if it is possible then he will get it done as he loves his wargames and is a long-time Gloranthan fan, having been playing RuneQuest in Glorantha for over 30 years.

I have seen some of the figures and saw some early figures a while ago and they look good to my untrained eye.

He produced some Gloranthan figures a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it commercially. However, we did have some excellent Gloranthan wargames where we played out some of the battles in our old RQ game. Having a table full of broos, scorpionmen, trolls, Lunars, Praxians and Orlanthi in a set battle is very impressive.

As far as I know, he is taking a trailer down to Chimeraides, but I don't know how many figures he will be showing and what kind of events he is planning - he is playing his cards close to his chest at the moment.

Andrew has a few photos on Flickr, but photos never do unpainted figures justice, in my opinion - the actual figures normally look much better. The album is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/madknight/ if you are interested.

See Ya

Simon