Re: RE: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_WMDyI0xhUgNrbZRA0NhB3pYaqg2dZnrtSyu6hzJtHNQ7eRxYDCXPvRJtTAHN8gat7EPK>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:05:07 +0200

> Also, I remember meeting a GM who said "Lankor Mee" when I said "Lanchor (german hard ch) My". We had an untold contest, to see which way to say it the other players would pick instinctively.

There is nothing in German to "soften" a "K". Lankhor or Lankor would sound the same, perhaps with the H you would stretch the next vowel "o" a bit. But Mee is definitely out of question before I hear it from Greg himself. Mhy is My, perhaps stretched through the H a bit, but still My!! How many english words do you know "y" sounds like "ee"? If there are any, it supports my first "accusation": They did not understand Latin as a phonetic alphabet. In Latin, actually the "I" was meant to sound like "ee".