Re: Wyrms (was Dragonewt Leather)

From: Lawrence Whitaker <lawrence.whitaker_at_7pdgKdagJV_yQ8pvGVD6OKwqirHKXL-taDDzkxN3EsreDPvcQkdIIsGm86>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:34:00 -0400

I really wouldn't rely on the MRQ1 wyrm description as having any relationship with dragonewts at all. I don't believe that description was meant to relate to any kind of Gloranthan dragon; merely a description of a general, all-purpose wyrm.

In the Dragonewt book, becoming a True Dragon is something dragons work towards but is never guaranteed. Some will never attain it. A very few will become inhuman kings. A small few might do so, but its a very tenuous, ambiguous goal.

Wyrms aren't a stage of dragonewt development. The EWF spell you refer to is a rather clumsy interpretation of how the EWF humans use draconic magic, but dragonewts simply wouldn't bother.

--
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next its rolling over me...

Rush - 'Far Cry'