Re: Pavis the half-elf

From: jorganos <joe_at_kVa78AGW_poT0vFfVi0zrpmnAW94JOJWhN7oMvPBfZXg7q0zEUYc5qOW3FPQmlwFXMJZfRSP>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 08:26:07 -0000

Jeff:
> Pavis's mother was aldryami,

I just stumbled over KoS stating that his father was an aldryami (p.191). I think the Pavis Book has an Aldryami mother.

>and not a nymph like Nemolayope. Pavis's heritage was indicative of the sort of strange magical experimentation that took place during the rule of Third Council.

Actually, it was a continuation of similar magical births as practiced in the Second Council. One of the Dorastans was the son of a human and a Gold Wheel Dancer.

> His birth was miraculous and heralded a return to the unity that had once existed amongst all mortal races. It was fervently hoped that Pavis would become the sire of the Original Man, a being that unite all mortals.

What the heck did a family like this do in a backwater place like Adari, then? Were they on the lookout for suitable uz to mate into the lineage? Or did the aldryami parent come out of the Redwood of Dagori Inkarth?