Re: Salinarg and the Household of Death

From: jorganos <joe_at_VkI5aSxWwKFP8hERwcptGnEcTnzuaboaqJseUK6dnU6IQIb_HbBnhODqzqgDvtXMG1RZEKaj>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:00:48 -0000

Me:
>> it will be really hard to make the cute deadly kiddies threatening.

Stephen Tempest:
> I don't know. A little girl with long black hair covering her face, a floaty white dress and a big blood-stained knife in her hand is practically a horror archetype these days.

Oh my, shows how old-school I am... if she isn't dripping blood or entrails from the mouth, it doesn't really shock me. Just a lost girl on a battlefield, found her despoiled mother and drew out the blade that killed her.

> GEAS: Cannot wear armour
> GIFT: knife fighting +2M
> GEAS: Can never cut her hair
> GIFT: Gains 'Drive mad with fear' ability

Seriously, this is hard to put into 25 mm miniatures. Any effect that may work in subdued tones in life-size has to be overdone by an order of magnitude to be recognized at that scale.

I may never have managed to create a minis army or diorama worth taking a photo of, but early on in my RPGing career I exchanged math lessons for miniature painting lessons with a local minis celebrity, so I know at least in theory how to arrive at effective figures.

Any kids swinging oversized blades will look pretty ridiculous. It is hard to create a convincing scowl. Runic tattoos would be too small to notice, unless you had flourescent paint or similar gimmicks. To get across that this is a bloody deadly kid, you will have to include victims, at least parts thereof.