Re: Salinarg and the Household of Death

From: Eric Vanel <eric.vanel_at_vuDP4U54opopypRjHbYP2Txgf6e4KtlVzUrrE-NG6mEG2ut8Q_olILuS2isCzJPtO>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:33:15 +0200

Le 06/09/2011 20:00, jorganos a écrit :

> Seriously, this is hard to put into 25 mm miniatures. Any effect that
> may work in subdued tones in life-size has to be overdone by an order
> of magnitude to be recognized at that scale.
>
> I may never have managed to create a minis army or diorama worth
> taking a photo of, but early on in my RPGing career I exchanged math
> lessons for miniature painting lessons with a local minis celebrity,
> so I know at least in theory how to arrive at effective figures.
>
> Any kids swinging oversized blades will look pretty ridiculous. It is
> hard to create a convincing scowl. Runic tattoos would be too small to
> notice, unless you had flourescent paint or similar gimmicks. To get
> across that this is a bloody deadly kid, you will have to include
> victims, at least parts thereof.

Interesting discussion as I have made an attempt to sculpt a bust of Harsaltar scale 1/3.
Still unfinished and unpainted. Pictures on my blog ( http://laterreetlefeu.canalblog.com/archives/2011/08/20/21828760.html ) The death appearance still to be defined and the scale will allow details. I will pick up the ideas from the discussion.

Eric