Re: Resurrection?

From: Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_B_1Of6zLIBa60gcR0ELjvMIqVzgegqanseW1wdUhLAke_qdW68eEYUS3c5e3q4PkFMR>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:13:28 -0400

I think the short answer is rarer than in RQ, but not unheard of.

I imagine that Resurrection would be done as a HeroQuest, with the return of the dead person as the goal. You would need to get a lot of supporters to make it likely to work, or a few friends who were willing to take serious risks, especially since, while the CA myth would probably be well known (it is a signature effect of the cult, after all), but each death is going to be unique, with its own challenges and secrets. I suspect anything less than a total success in the final stage would leave the resurrected person with serious problems, and maybe damage the supporters' health and fertility, draw the attention of unfriendly Humakti, perhaps even end up with a spirit of reprisal ala Final Destination. Of course, failure gets you no resurrection, and the costs are much much worse. Or you bring *someone* back, but not the person you planned....

Of course, these would give the players more things to atone for/set right/etc. I mean, you can't show what a great Orlanthi you are unless you break something so you can fix it, can you?

Other cultures, of course, will vary, but the process should be dangerous with real consequences for even a partial success. There is a reason that every ruler isn't constantly resurrected, after all.

Peter Larsen