Re: Loskalmi society. Explain

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_QsggG32nx2qKQHwSjjWkv19CTscEzGz5L-g3hTKLk_TqSA1exm_15NnGZ39KYweT>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

> > > The White Bear Empire. The rulers of most of Fronela prior to the Ban. They had
> > > a mighty confederation of peoples that threatened to wipe Loskalm off the map.
> > > The God of the Silver Feet enabled these diverse peoples to communicate with
> > > each other and coordinate.
> >
>  > Were they Black Hralf's people ?
>
> Fral Angor, the foremost Rathori, once fought against Black Hralf and
> was not killed.  Since he would have been a leader in the White Bear
> Empire, it seems that Black Hralf was opposed to them.  I also note the
> Black Hralf was calling himself son of the devil and had support from
> rebels in Loskalm, which sounds rather unlike the White Bear Empire to me.

In Sandy's Trondling campaign, we were mostly from Trond, one of the islands off of Losklam. We were in Loskalm when we got thrown back in time for a while. When we were there, our shaman bumped into one of his ancestors, "Uncle Einar," who was actually a spirit that his fetch held. (He never got up the gumption to summon Einar's spirit while back in time.) He was the leader of a big and successful warband, bent on creating "Greater Trond" because Trondlings needed "room to live." We were somewhat torn, since this man was obviously a huge cultural hero on one hand, but sounded like he was working out a "final solution" in his head. Shortly, two discoveries were made. First, Uncle Einar's people called him "Hralf." Einar was his secret name. That made things a little worse, because now we also knew that he was doomed to failure and infamy. Second, he discovered that we were from the future, so started pressuring us to reveal the future glory that would  be Greater Trond. Eventually, we revealed his true future, which he bravely faced as a somewhat tragic figure. He gave us magic that he said would send us safely back to the future. Of course, it turned out to be suspended animation, so someone had thoroughly looted us while we had slept for 100 years. If I recall correctly, he attacked us before we used the magic, forcing us to use the five cuts to kill him in self-defense.
Obviously, our Glorantha varied.

Chris