Re: Heroquest vs. Runequest II

From: Jeff <richaje_at_YeAIg0Xd1bCDHQhb0WSx3txLShDC9eQHQ3CNpWp6hEzj6LZgPjlvw9JLOfnFoVypLW62>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 04:56:16 -0000

> I've been looking at both and haven't decided on which to run. A lot will depend on my players preferences. I like RQ II because its familar and easy to learn. HQ looks very interesting but has a higher learning curve. Don't know if my players will like HQ with its emphasis on narration vs. RQ II's crunch.

One caution - RQ II is no longer licensed for Glorantha. Yes Mongoose is doing "Legend" but it is entirely possible RQ 6 will differ with "Legend" with regard to various Gloranthan details. I can certainly imagine as least as much difference between the old Chaosium RQ and the Avalon Hill RQ3.

I am certain RQ6 will be superb and likely the best of the d100 rules systems published to date.

> I have Sartar Kingdom of Heros and like it very much.

Thank you!

Jeff