Re: Music is the Weapon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_wyCVJZQAv_mCdvjhab3BIenSeevE8-TVsjNO29Hb1AgaIE9x2v53wyz88wLz-GjQz6v>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:50:10 +1300

On 10/22/2011 2:00 AM, Keith wrote:
> My feeling is that the Veldang had not adapted well to Time, or just
> not good at adapting, so they have not recovered much in five
> centuries, just carried on eating snails, making their weird boats but
> not thriving.

My problem here is that five centuries is four centuries too long. After the first century, Fonrit would have been a land ripe for conquest/development. The Heortlings around this time are having pitched battles with the horse nomads and settling Dorastor. Next door in Umathela, the Elves are fighting among themselves and the Lascerdans taking advantage. Surely the loser in any battle would consider Fonrit?

Your idea that Garangordos brought light to a land of darkness is a clever one but again five centuries is rather too long for my liking.

> Garangordos, his mother Aininlahay,the shaman Mandakusour, Galagorib, El Jazuli and Bendaluza.
My minor grievance here is at four syllables that the names are too long. Stick with snappy two syllable names with an english epithet. Orlanthanandrin Bad, Orlanth the Lawgiver Good.

--Peter Metcalfe