Re: Music is the Weapon

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_nZp5LxTHK1kfPXEBZ7I7cDKc2CFkpzYclJUU5t34DM-lFftcc61Fc6fY6e3Uq6>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 02:51:17 -0000

> My problem here is that five centuries is four centuries too long.

... Next door in Umathela, the Elves are fighting among themselves and the Lascerdans taking advantage. Surely the loser in any battle would consider Fonrit?

I agree, but worth bearing in mind that there are no humans in Umathela at this time, just elves, lascerdans, perhaps trolls and weird troll-devolved monsters. I was looking at the rather straight line that demarks the miniature gargoyle territory in Pamaltela at the edge of Vralos and wonder if that is a feature that keeps the humans of Fonrit from joining in the battles of Vralos. (i.e. the gargoyles keeps humans out but ignore elves and lascerdans.) There are plenty of monsters to keep Fonrit free of significant populations - Grey Giants south of the central watershed, for example, Snangs, Nightriders, Watchweres not to mention yellow elves.

> Your idea that Garangordos brought light to a land of darkness is a
> clever one but again five centuries is rather too long for my liking.

Your Sunstop suggestion makes the timeline more reasonable if we make he blight that afflicts the yellow elves worse in Fonrit.

Dawn to Sunstop- expansion of human civilisations hampered by yellow elves. Humans really only survive on the coasts.

Sunstop - blight afflicts elves, other races (humans, Grey Giants,Grue Snangs, Gulpers, Hoons with their defoliating agent orange saliva, Charnjibber) take advantage, much more so than in the rest of the jungles. Recovery due to extra sunlight is not as significant in Fonrit, perhaps because of extra Hoon activity.

When Garan the Cruel arrives, the land has had a lot of its yellow elves cleared already, humans have been colonising up the river valleys for some time, but there is much less time between the sunstop and 500ST.

> > Garangordos, his mother Aininlahay,the shaman Mandakusour, Galagorib, El Jazuli and Bendaluza.
> My minor grievance here is at four syllables that the names are too
> long. Stick with snappy two syllable names with an english epithet.
> Orlanthanandrin Bad, Orlanth the Lawgiver Good.

Certainly, something like Garan the Cruel, Sweet Mother Lahay, Manda the Shaman, Gala of the Dawn, Wise Jazuli, and Great Brother Benda, are easier to use.

Keith