Peloria the Board Game Questions: Crimson Bat

From: chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_i5xxksitwMY3ZR3lK_GS-y6AmMzMIRBXlgANl_WWl3-x52xbsDQw-DyvuGT>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:31:26 +0000

Technically to Keith, and off topic, but perhaps they will spark some Gloranthan discussion so I will ask them here. Tell me if this is list abuse and I won't do it again. The questions directly relate to Keith's design for his boardgame Peloria, but as I say general Gloranthan observations on the topics covered very welcome!

  1. The Crimson Bat is very fragile and easily killed? As I understand it, it gets -1 to combat as a Pelorian unit. In the first round of battle defending cavalry (as the easternmost Carmanians are likely to be) need a 6 to kill. So in the first round they can not be killed by the bat, despite its many dice, and one hit back ( a 5 or 6 will suffice) kills the Bat? is this intentional? Have I misunderstood the mechanics?
  2. The same applies to any Pelorian infantry foolhardy enough to attack cavalry in the plains!?? (for the first round of the combat).

Now a general Gloranthan question - where can Ilearn more about the Pelorians desperate bat summoning against Carmanian oppression? (I mean sources, not how to replicate it tomorrow night...)

Thanks!

cj x

CJ's uneventful life is now blogged: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/