Re: Cathora, Herd Mother

From: hcarteau_at_r60XeFSInQOxVdee45WhhDE9xoyGJ6xa43qKynyJyTgvEHoYSM8BTV-bzyCOU764b4q
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:02:38 +0100 (CET)

(snip) Cathora is clearly from the earth. She is not a celestial body. She is not a Moon Goddess, she is a Moo-Goddess.
/// You native tradetalk speakers can use such jest. But jest is no substitute for True Scholarship.

I agree with all the points wise Jorganos makes like "riding a strange beast doesn't make you an animal nomad". Besides, Zaranistangi didn't settle in Prax, they just crossed this wasteland on their way to the West. Their odd mounts did amaze the primitive locals, but nothing more. I note my colleague's opinion is based only supputations, and ranks very low on the veracity index (lower than 5.2 !)

Our esteemed colleague Jorganos writes, albeit reluctantly : "if Storm Bull could take Herd-Eiritha along, so could Desero. And thus we can have Eiritha meet the Artmali, see her children wither away, and be gifted a different kind of beast as a bridal gift". He is right in exercising doubt : Desero is called Mastakos by our orlanthi brethen, and the loper folks' magics and, possibly, riding beasts derive from him, not Urox.

If you really insist, that is...
/// We do not. What we insist on is Scholarship and the Truth. Not just wild supputations.