Re: A sense of scale

From: jorganos <joe_at_eRgVQV1WfYJ3hKMCDmzB6pUQ7ancSor-rb7QxW6cTqM89n2MYPk_RpX8SURzrdi2WjqA4-I.>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:15:31 -0000

Me:
>> Sure... I have a hard time seeing Bronze Age in the monotheist west, although a point can be made for the Dawn Age and the first half of the Imperial Age (before the Abiding Book was spread).

> The Brithini have been "atheists" (rejecting the gods as entities to be worshipped) since, well, as long as they were first created. In essence, they've been atheists since the Paleolithic. :D

Luckily for them, the founders already went through all their material development, leaving them in a set stage of material culture since the Paleolithic. All the inventions to be made had been made during the Third Action, by the entities of the Third Action. The multiplication of the Fourth Action meant to bring these perfect tools into less perfect environments and achieve perfection there (until the resistance grew harder and harder).

With this mindset, innovations are to be avoided.

Iron could be obtained from the Mostali by the time the iron crucible was established, and possibly meant that the Horali were continuously upgraded to iron equipment shaped exactly like their previous bronze equipment.

This much for cultural development among the orthodox Brithini. Westerners become interesting only when they fall from Brithini orthodoxy, i.e. when they leave Danmalastan (or later, Brithos).