Re: A sense of scale

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_S0fGU9HSmc-4s4BsYiSbkU7AW28Z86_N5_lKSApTw9ti9CITyKPozpxfE8-FqgzzRbIS>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:11:50 +0100

On 10.11.2011 12:13, Keith wrote:
> My Glorantha varies. It is much smaller. Furthest to Boldhome is 4.5km, Boldhome to Nochet 2.8km. Paraguas Walls are 34cm high, Gonn Orta about 6ft tall, and the Block only 27metres on each side.
>
> Humans are about an inch tall, while some insects are normal size (to us) but appear to be gigantic to Gloranthans.
>
> My Glorantha is 1:72 scale.

Keith,

you take the words right out of my mouth. Why do we really have to talk about this? Next we will be discussing census data again. How many people can we have here, and what is a sensibel ratio of this being warriors, given we have 15 sheep per man? In fact in RW these figures DO give a hint. But we are not in RW! If I were as much interested in comparisons of RW vs. Glorantha as most (some?) people are here, I wouldn't care for Glorantha at all, because I DO HAVE Earth. You are born with a small mind, if you suggest logic and RW parallels do/should work in Glorantha. I dearly hope they don't!!! And in my Glorantha they don't. And I daresay, in Greg's neither! This is the whole idea of Glorantha!!

Most of the time I am just an onlooker in this group, contributing little, but draining lots of ideas from here. Keith's "Music is the Weapon" thread, THAT is the stuff we need more.

My 2 cents to separate the wheat from the chaff. Sorry, don't want to affront s.o., but needed to release some steam.

Pomeroi